Winter Driving Tips!
Winter weather can be especially challenging for drivers of wheelchair accessible cars. To ensure safe travels during the winter months, Donal Murtagh Mobility recommends the following tips for drivers of these vehicles:
- Make sure your vehicle is equipped with proper winter tires to provide better traction on snowy and icy roads.
- Keep your fuel tank at least half full to prevent the fuel line from freezing.
- Check the battery and charging system before winter to make sure your vehicle is ready for the cold weather.
- Keep a winter emergency kit in your vehicle, including items such as a shovel, blanket, and sand or salt for traction.
- Plan your route ahead of time and allow extra time for slow, cautious driving in winter weather.
By following these tips, drivers of wheelchair accessible cars can ensure a safe and comfortable winter driving experience. Donal Murtagh Mobility encourages all drivers to be prepared and to take the necessary precautions to stay safe on the road during the winter months.